Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

01.19.2011 Chloe's Lunch


Musubi with cheese face
Yak Shik( Korean mochi rice)
Egg flowers
Tangerines ( skin peeled off)
Broccoli with cheese flowers
Konyaku with quail eggs ( these are Chloe's favorite)

I mixed diced baby anchovies and a dash of furikake to flavor the musubi. I used cheese for the faces. I like to use cheese because they stick to the rice well.

Yak Shik can be bought pre- made at Korean markets but I found a Yak Shik mix and made it for the first time.
Yak Shik is a caramel like flavored sweet mochi rice. It is a filling snack or even dessert. If you buy the pre mix like I did, all the directions are on the package in English!

I bought the egg omelet from a Japanese market and cut them into flowers. Realized my eggs taste better... Won't be buying again from this store!

I still have dome Konyaku and quail eggs left and since this is one of Chloe's favorite, I included this again.

I hope she eats the broccoli and cheese.... She used to love them but her favorites changed... :(


No comments:

Post a Comment