Total Pageviews

Monday, February 07, 2011

02.07.2011 Chloe's Lunch


Mini Sushi
Fish Sausage
Tangerines
Takuan
Fish Crackers


This was my first attempt making mini sushi. This is actually beyond mini.... more like the circumference of of my thumb. (and I have really small fingers)
I added some flax seed when making the rice for added nutrition. (the flax seed must be soaked in water at least 3 hours ahead of time, and it does get slippery when it's soaked)
For the inside, I added fish sausage, takuan, and cheese. The cheese will melt and give the sushi a nice creamy taste to the rice.  The hard part about making this is since everything was sliced thinly, and in miniature size, rolling it into a nice circular shape.  One thing I'm worried about is that the nori I used today seemed thicker than regular sushi nori, and I hope Chloe can chew it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment