Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 10, 2011

02.10.2011 Yakisoba

Yakisoba
Asparagus
Fried Beef Steaks
Orange Wedges

I wanted to make musubi today but the rice came out too dry... ( I got a new rice cooker and I'm still experimenting with it) So I decided on Yakisoba, aka fried noodles.
For the veggies, I added chop suey mix which you can easily find in any grocery market. I also added 2 celery stalks (thinly sliced). I cooked the veggies in a bit of grape oil in my wok. when they are tender I added some spam and kamaboko, and cook thoroughly. Next I added the Yakisoba noodle and cook until the noodle is tender. Last step is to add sauce. Today I added soba sauce - about 3 tablespoons due to the fact that I added more veggies than the noodles. The picture you see is not what I packed for Chloe but what is left over after packing into the vacuum container.
The fried beef steaks are from Sam's club. I didn't fry them but I baked them in the oven. It tastes like Tonkatsu... I added some tonkatsu sauce for Chloe.  I also added some pieces of asparagus for Chloe to try. ( She's not really into asparagus) I'm thinking maybe I should add some cinnamon powder to the oranges next time. They didn't have any flavor at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment