Total Pageviews

Monday, January 24, 2011

01.24.2011 Chloe's Lunch

Inari stuffed with minced brocoli and carrots
Shreadded Takuan
Seasoned Fish balls (sliced)
Broccoli
Peaches

I stuffed the Inari with rice, brocoli and carrots.
The brocoli and carrots were steamed ahead of time and I used my Ninja Blenger to mince them. I also scooped the rice ahead of time and set it out (covered so the rice doesn't get hard) a bit before stuffing the Inari.
I mixed the rice with a bit of apple vinegar and mirin to get that "sushi rice" flavor.
I just mix a bit of it because chloe does not like strong flavors.
For today's Inari, instead of stuffing it the usual triangle way, I stuffed less rice and made it into a diamond by joining the corners together. It is a smaller piece but more appealing for a toddler to eat (hopefully).

Few weeks ago, I bought a Saladacco from Amazon.com and have been experimenting with it.
It makes veggies into this angel hair like creation. I bought this one and so far no complaints.
http://tinyurl.com/6c8q7c9 -> link to my Saladacco that I bought at Amazon.

So I used my Saladacco to make angel hair Takuan. and I cut them up into sections so it'll look like Takuan noodles. lol

The fish balls and Shrimp balls were boiled and cut into small pieces. I use 50/50 Sweet Chili sauce and Organic Ketchup as sauce. I think i used about a teaspoon each today. I used 2 fish balls and 2 shrimp balls. I topped it off with some sesame seed.

I had some broccoli left over so I decided to pack them -to fill space ;)

I usually don't like to give Chloe canned fruit, but didn't have anything besides banana, so I gave this canned peaches a go.
I don't like the heavy syrup so I submerged the peaches in ice water drained the excess water off and cut them into pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment