Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

01.28.2011 Chloe's Lunch






Bear, star, and heart shaped musubi
Veggie Egg rolls
Mickey Mouse Chicken nuggets
Star and Heart apples
Corn
Finger biscuits



The Musubi was made by mixing shrimp powder furikake (bought at Marukai) and tiny bits of Kamaboko with the rice. The shrimp powder furikake is the reason why the rice is pink. (Pink is Chloe's favorite color)

Veggie egg rolls are from Sam's Club. They are mini sized and I cut it in half (angled slice) so Chloe can eat them with her fingers.  I used my toaster over to bake them instead of deep frying.

The Mickey Mouse shaped chicken nuggets are from Costco, and I really like these nuggets because they used Whole Wheat as the breading. It has more of a golden color when it's cooked and it tends to be more on the crunchy side. Plus it's in a fun mickey mouse shape!

Instead of using my usual silicone cups, I put everything on a bed of shreadded cabbage.
Wondering if Chloe will eat it too...

I used cheese as a food divider... lol I guessing it's gonna melt with the rice but I have a feeling it'll melt before lunch. It might sound gross, but rice and cheese tastes pretty good. Chloe likes it. It's like a east meets west kinda thing I guess. (pasta and rice are both starch with basically no flavor, so... why not?)

I used the same rice mold to cut the apples. Had to cut them thinner, but hey, it worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment